I don't think Jaime is going to be very happy with me for posting this photo but I think it's fun.
To let everyone know what's going on. Sunday evening she started having pains in her upper abdomen that would not go away. So she called North Platte and they told us to come up and have a look. So at midnight in freezing rain we headed for North Platte for what we thought would be a short visit to tell us it was normal. (boy we were wrong) They hooked her up to a monitor and she was having some very small contractions she couldn't feel them but they were happening. It also showed she had a little high blood pressure, so they did some blood work at that time. The monitors on the babies showed they were fine. When the blood work came back it showed signs of preeclampsia. At that time they gave her a steroid shot and the nurse told us they would probably be flying Jaime to Lincoln but they were going to run the test again and had to wait for the Dr to come in. I tell you what that was a bit of a shock!!! It was about 5:00 when the Dr arrived and it wasn't to much later that the second blood work came back. When the Dr came to talk to us he said they were defiantly going to fly her out and asked us which direction we would like to go (Denver or Lincoln). We mention Denver being closer and he thought they had a better preemie unit. The Dr then left to go see who had room and with the storms going on who could get there. He came back and said we would be going to Denver and they would be there at 7:00. So at 5:00 am mountain time I started calling our family to let them know what was going on. By 5:30 I had everyone wound up. At 7:30 cst they loaded her up into ambulance in route to the airport. I headed home to pack, by this time it was an all out blizzard. I contacted my Dr brother in Denver (who is still interning so he really doesn't work). He is a good enough brother that he agreed to stay with Jaime until we got there. Dad took off right away to be with Jaime and support for Calvie. It took me an hour to pack ,what I have and what I'm missing I have no idea. I picked up Rex and Kathy in Wauneta and Mom followed us from Imperil. We arrived about five hours after Jaime got there, (Calvie was ready for relief). By the time we got there they had Jaime all set up. They had done and ultrasound and the babies looked very good and weighed a little over three pounds a piece. It was determined she was borderline HELLP = Hypertension, Elevated Liver enzymes, Low Platelets. Which means the babies are fine but her body is creating toxins that are a risk to her health. The main concern is that Jaime is only 29 weeks along. They are wanting to let the babies go as long as they can without risking Jaime. They want to make sure she gets two steroid shots to help boost the babies lungs. At 3:30 am they gave her the second one. So we are waiting as long as we can. They are thinking that they will do a c section tomorrow. I wasn't to keen on sharing my birthday with anyone else. If we can get these kids safely and not danger Jaime I think that would be the best birthday present I've ever received.